Classical & Flamenco Guitar Services
Please read below before selecting one of our services and contacting us…
- All jobs are to be dropped off at The Guitar Centre at the Gabba.
Peter, Doug or Ralph can discuss with you and advise you on the repairs your guitar requires. Ample FREE PARKING at rear of shop.
- I collect instruments each day and take them to my workshop for servicing and repair. It is not necessary to discuss every minor repair with the owner of the instrument, as this “talk time” prevents me from actually doing the repair work. I like to keep the repair time and repair cost to a minimum as most customers prefer not to be charged for unnecessary discussions. I choose to be upfront with this policy and not just “add this talk time to the bill” like some repairers.
- I do not have an appointment schedule as this, once again keeps me from the actual repairs and my policy is to attempt to keep the repair “turn around” time to a minimum.
- If you absolutely need a consultation, it can be arranged through The Guitar Centre at the Gabba and a CONSULTATION FEE will be added to your account. Please Note. We do not give instruction on “how to build a guitar” or “do your own repairs”. This takes too much of my valuable repair time and all great Luthiers have an engineering background. That would be a good place to start.
- If I find there is an issue with the repair of your guitar, I will call you to discuss the problems and WILL NOT UNDERTAKE MAJOR REPAIRS without your consent. You will not just receive a bill for double the original estimate without your agreement to the additional work being carried out. I will also not do unnecessary work to your guitar.
- To an experienced Luthier, guitar repairs are usually straight forward- only time consuming but it is due to the years of knowledge and experience gained, coupled with an engineering background that can make this specialized work seem simple. Even though dental work seems straight forward, I am sure it is not. Therefore, I never attempt my own dental repairs. I stick to cleaning and flossing my teeth.
- You may want to take this into consideration if you are thinking of attempting your repairs. Like attempting your own dental work, mistakes can be very painful and expensive and it ends up costing far more than the original repair required. There are enough “BUTCHERS” claiming to be Guitar Repairers in Brisbane already; with their rough backyard carpentry, they often destroy the instruments of trusting customers. Please choose your Guitar repairer carefully. Cheap doesn’t mean good and likewise, expensive does not always mean great. Look at the investment the repairer has made where he works and what his or her experience and background is.